How to hang your curtains without mistakes??
These are most common mistakes people do when they are hanging there curtain and window treatments.
By avoiding these mistakes you're gonna have many positive things as you're gonna make:
1- your ceilings look higher.
2- make your windows look bigger.
3- you're going to allow more lights to enter your room
How to get all these
1- Curtains rods hanging
- don't hang your curtain rod too low or directly upon the window
- the best way to hang them is too close to your ceiling height it really make all the difference in the final look and outcome of your drapes raising your curtains will draw the eye up naturally it will make the window look taller and give the illusion that you have higher ceiling
The rules for hanging curtains rod
- Is about halfway to two-thirds up between the top of your window frame and your ceiling
- Or directly below your ceiling by two to three inches.
- If you have crown molding you can hang it about 3/4 inch below your molding if you want go for even more impact.
2- don't narrow your rod width to the same width size of your window, just at least leave from 4 to 6 inches wider than the outer frame of your window
So the goal here is when you open your curtain they’re gonna be gathered in front of the either side of your window and then just the edges of your drapes are overlap the edges of your window this will make the illusion that you have larger windows and also allow more light to come onto your room since it is not blocking the light